Kanye West has been active in the music world since 1996 and has became one of the most influential & impactful hip-hop singers ever. Here’s a list of the top 30 facts about the musical genius, Kanye West!
- His full name is Kanye Omari West.
- Kanye West is 40 years old. He was born in Atlanta on 8th June 1977 to Ray and Donda West.
- In Swahili, the name Kanye is translated to mean ‘the only one’.
- His mother was an English professor, and her profession took Kanye all the way to China where she taught for a little over a year.
- While driving home in 2002, he was involved in a bad car accident. He almost died, sustaining very bad injuries.
- During his recovery in hospital, he continued to produce music using an electronic drum kit and other equipment.
- The holiday season doesn’t seem to stop Kanye West from working either, and on New Year’s Eve 2015, he released a single called ‘Facts’.
- Before he recorded his own songs, he produced music for other stars, including Jay-Z. More than half of the tracks on Jay-Z’s ‘The Blueprint’ album were produced by Kanye West.
- Kanye’s album ‘The College Drop-out’ was aptly named after he dropped out of Chicago State University.
- Billboard ranked him 3rd on the list of producers from the decade in 2010.
- He stated that Fiona Apple was one of his favourite artists, and he wanted to become the ‘rap version’ of her.
- Some of his nicknames included The Louis Vuitton Don and Yeezy.
- More than 50% of his tracks have been the result of a collaboration with other artists.
- He was engaged to Alexis Phifer, a fashion designer, from 2006 until their relationship ended in 2008.
- GQ awarded Kanye West the title of ‘International Man of the Year’ in 2007.
Read more: https://www.thefactsite.com/2016/02/kanye-west-facts.html